*Guidance from Worthing Masjid regarding Eid Salah and information about its Facebook live broadcast.*
Dear Brothers and Sisters.
I make duaa that you are well and are trying to make the most of the remaining days of the month of Ramadan.
Every second of this blessed month is precious, therefore it is vital that we spend as much time as possible therein engaging in Worship and making Duaa to Allah SWA.
However, with Eid fast approaching, (Saturday or Sunday depending on the sighting of the moon) this message will In Sha Allah advise you about what to do on this special day.
Even though we are unable to offer Eid Salah in congregation due to the lockdown, it is still vitally important that we observe all the other guidance in Shariah and we try to make this day as special as possible.
Ṣadaqat al-Fiṭr should be donated in advance of Eid day via a reputable charity so that it reaches the poor by Eid day. The Prophet ﷺ prescribed it as purification of the fasting from idle talk and obscenities and also as food for the poor (Sunan Abī Dāwūd, 1609).
Eid is a great blessing of Allah Almighty.
It is therefore important to adopt the Sunnah practices of Eid even if one does not perform Eid Ṣalāh, expressing his gratitude to Allah Almighty and marking the occasion of happiness and joy.
1) Performing Fajr Ṣalāh in congregation at home.
2) Undertaking Ghusl (bath) before Eid Ṣalāh (or the Nafl Ṣalāh) and using the Miswak.
3) Applying perfume.
4) Wearing the best clothes available, it is not necessary to go shopping to purchase new clothes.
5) Eating dates or something sweet before Eid Ṣalāh (or the Nafl Ṣalāh).
6) Reciting Takbīr in abundance.
7) Congratulating others in person and over the phone by saying تَقَبَّلَّ اللهُ مِنَّا وَمِنْكَ (may Allah accept [the worship] from us and you) (al-Tārīkh al-Kabīr, 1:116; al-Thiqāt, 9:90; al-Duʿāʾ, p.288; al-Sunan al-Kubrā, 3:446).
8) Donating charity and keeping the poor and vulnerable in mind.
To help make this day special, Worthing Masjid will be broadcasting the Eid service live via its Masjid Facebook page:
The timings for this are as follows:
9.30am: English Bayan (Speech)
9.50am: Eid Salah (Do not follow from home. Please offer separately following the Islamic Guidance)
10.00am: Arabic Khutbah
Please try to join us by observing all the ettiquetes of Eid before 9.30am and thereafter joining us to listen to the speech.
I know many people have questions regarding the fiqh of offering Eid Salah at home. To find the answer I would advise that you read the following portal endorsed by senior scholars around the U.K.
Covid-19: Eid Salah during lockdown
Please do not hesitate to contact me if any of your questions remain unanswered.
Finally on behalf of everyone at Worthing Masjid, I make duaa that you have an extremely profitable end to the month of Ramadhan as well as a joyous and spiritually uplifting day of Eid. (Ameen)
Imam Idris Nawab
(On behalf of Worthing Masjid)